About the Company
Digital Shamans is a collective of video game developers, artists, who formed an outsourcing studio helping other developers make their games.
In its core is a small, collaborative, quality and self-development oriented, process focused, adaptable and driven savvy team, which consists of both game dev veterans and bold young artists.
That makes us flexible, open minded, but also experienced.
We like to think of ourselves as Apple from '70. However, when starting, not trying to replicate our predecessors, but think in new ways, based on what we have learned so far.
We stand strongly about work-life balance and create a bubble of working environment where respect, appreciation and understanding are essential and decisions are being made based on our established values and not momentary ones.
Environment Artist (UE4)
As an Environment Artist, you will be working remotely from anywhere in the world with no requirement to relocate.
At first, as a contracted artist with opportunity to become a core team member. As such you would have a possibility to remain contracted freelancer or choose to have fix term contract or permanent job position if offered (UK residency is a legal req.).
Responsibilities often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Collaboratively creating interesting and believable 3D environments of high artistic value for video games, by assisting external and internal teams in their development.
- Creating a variety of assets ranging from organics to hard-surface.
- Creating art in variety of art styles; from realistic ones, through stylized fantasy up to sci-fi/Cyberpunk.
- Taking ownership for the environments and assets until finally approved. Knowing and expressing production needs.
- Working collaboratively and independently with art director, 3d artists, concept design, level design and project manager.
- Contributing to developing studio working practices, improving team pipelines, artists' workflows and maintaining integrity of our studio culture.
- Guiding less experienced team members.
- Inspiring other team members by setting the right example.
Enriching and maintaining overall visual game design, creating interesting and believable environments or assets within technical constrains.
Skills & Requirements:
- Skills representing 3+ years of professional experience as an Artist and 6+ more overall and portfolio supporting that.
- At least one game released on Unreal 4.
- Experience working in both environments, office studio and home freelance.
- Understand the importance of communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Growth mindset. Critical and independent thinking.
- Will to take on challenges requiring personal development.
- Able to provide clear and consistent feedback and critique based on art direction and any technical considerations.
- Good organizational skills and assertiveness. Good tasks and time management.
- Ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a time schedule or other production requirements.
- High level of creativity and independence with little oversight required.
- Ability to manage scope of work, work with the bigger picture in mind and meet deadlines.
- Strong foundational of art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Proficiency and experience with whole environment art content creation process. Based either on references or concepts. Mainly in "Substance", but also photogrammetry, Mega Scans or hand painted pipelines.
- Good narrative and environmental story telling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Experience with and strong understanding of current generation production pipelines and workflows. For both environment art and assets creation. Including strong understanding of modular assets creation.
- Experience with game art creation within Unreal 4.
Rare opportunity to take a part in shaping working practices and your own way working environment.
Huge flexibility in choosing exact responsibilities at early stage of team formation.
Already super friendly working environment.
Flexible working hours.
Many more opportunities are available if you have the passion and experience!
We encourage and support continuous professional and personal development, around which our working culture is revolving.
How to Apply?
Please apply by sending your application including Portfolio, CV/LinkedIn Profile on the address: [email protected]
Cover letter makes a difference.