Pewnie szykuja oficjalne info.

Z Softimage|NET tez cos kombinuja.

Ogolnie nie ma sie czym podniecac, prawdopodobnie w 7.5 bedzie tylko:

- mental ray 3.7

- UV unfolding tool od PolygonalDesign

- wielowatkowy Syflex

- nowy system licencjonowania Autodeska

A czy to prawda okaze sie za niebawem.

Wy mi tylko powiedzcie, czy update będzie darmowy ? :)

No i poza tym, to bardziej widziałbym 7.02, a nie 7.5 - no chyba, że będzie darmowy - taki service pack z nowymi ficzerami (jak sp2 do win xp)

...:::edit:::...

choć przy takiej biedzie w update'cie jak piszecie - to chamstwem byłoby drzeć za to kasę... ale to w końcu zły i niedobry autodesk ;)

...:::edit2:::...

no i chyba nikt nie ma wątpliwości co do terminu wydania - po niedawnym tajemniczym mailu, że mieszają z systemem licencji - teraz update, żeby móc go normalnie wprowadzić (bo przecież nie mogli go zmienić dla działających już licencji) - po update (jak podejrzewam jednak będzie free) wszyscy dobrowolnie zmienią na ich system licencji i będą się mogli pozbyć (zmarginalizować) stary (swoją drogą o niebo lepszy) i wszyscy będą szczęsliwi

Edytowane przez streaker

Sisay - widze, że już masz, a jedna sprawa bardzo mnie interesuje - jest normalne przełączania się na stare bsp, czy dajesz trzeba się pieprzyć przez setenv.bat ? A może bsp2 działa normalnie (przede wszystkim chodzi mi o bug przy renderze sieciowym), prędkość to druga sprawa - ale wiadomo, że trzeba troszkę czasu, żeby przetestować ?

Przełączenia na starego bsp nie widziałem.

O tym trąbią na SI|NET od miesięcy - i oczywiście nic z tym nie zrobili... ehhh...

Nie renderowałem jeszcze sieciowo w 7,01 miałem z tym problem (zwieszało się na 2 kompie)

No właśniu to jest cały myk - zwiecha jest spowodowana prawdopodobnie przez bsp2, jak dopiszesz w setenv.bat na wszystkich kompach takie coś:

set MI_FORCE_OLD_BSP = 1

twoje problemy powinny zniknąć. Tylko problemem ciągle jest, że:

a) trzeba edytować plik, a nie ustawić jak cywilizowani ludzie w aplikacji

b) nie mamy dostępu do starych opcji bsp - teoretycznie możesz je wpisać w setenv.bat - ale to ma jakiś sens tylko jeśli masz już optymalne wartości, bo kuriozum jest wpisywanie testowych wartości, restart, testowy render i tak aż znajdzie się optymalne wielkości - masochistów tutaj chyba nie ma

dzięki za szybką odpowiedź :)

To sa zmiany wzgledem wersji 7,01

Data Management

Creating and Reading Scene TOC Files

When you enable the creation and reading of scene TOC files, Softimage saves the current scene information to the corresponding scene TOC file every time you save a scene. You can then modify the scene TOC file in a text editor or XML editor, and the modifications are automatically applied the next time that scene is opened.

You can modify this default behavior by individually setting the Create scene TOC (Table of Contents) file and the new Read scene TOC (Table of Contents) file on load if available preferences. For more information, see Creating and Reading Scene TOC Files [Data Management].

Referenced Models

In previous versions it was not possible to assign objects in the scene or another model to a material in a referenced model’s library. Now when you try to do this, the material is duplicated in the scene’s default library and the objects are assigned to the duplicate instead.

In addition, several bugs related to nested reference models have been fixed.

Baking Scene Properties when Exporting Models

There is a preference to bake scene properties when exporting models. When this preference is active, properties that the model inherits from the scene root, such as geometry approximation, are copied locally before exporting. If this option is off when a model is exported, it will inherit its new properties from the scene into which it is imported.

To set the preference

1. Choose File > User Preferences.

2. Select Data Management.

3. On the Files tab, set Bake scene properties on model export.

Note this preference does not affect properties that are inherited from anywhere other than the scene root, such as from groups, scene layers. or intermediate objects in a hierarchy.

Alienbrain Layout and Views

The Alienbrain layout and views are no longer installed with Softimage. If you have the Alienbrain integration for Softimage plug-in, its functionality should not be affected.

Digital IO

Support for rendering directly to an Avid digital output device has been removed. All related options have been removed from the interface.

Crosswalk 3.2Crosswalk 3.2

Softimage v.7.5 ships with Crosswalk v.3.2. These are the new features and improvements that have been incorporated into the Crosswalk toolset since the last release of Softimage.

ModelingModeling

Proportional Modeling and Symmetry

Proportional modeling (Prop) and symmetry mode (Sym) now work better together, in particular when the proportional radius crosses the plane of symmetry. For proportional modeling, the new MoveProportional operator gets applied instead of a MoveComponent with a Proportional property. In symmetry mode, a single operator is applied instead of separate operators for each side.

AnimationAnimation

Dopesheet Selection Tool Preference

You can now set the preference for which selection tool to use by default in the dopesheet: the Select or Region tool.

To set the preference, open up the Dopesheet Preferences property editor (see Dopesheet Preferences) and select the tool you want as the Default Tool.

AnimationBounding Volume Constraint - Center as Constrained Shape Type

You can now constrain an object to a bounding volume by its center. To do this, select Center as the Constrained Shape Type in the Bounding Volume Constraint property editor (see Bounding Volume Constraint Property Editor).

Plotting Objects in Different Models

You can now select objects in different models at the same time and their animation will be plotted when using the Tools > Plot commands in the Animate toolbar.

TexturingTexturing

Unfolding

Unfolding creates a UV texture projection by “unwrapping” a polygon mesh object using the edges you specify as cut lines or seams. When unfolding, the cut lines are treated as if they are disconnected to create borders or separate islands in the texture projection. The result is like peeling an orange or a banana and laying the skin out flat.

For more information, see Unfolding a Texture Projection [Texturing].

Checkerboard

You can display a checkerboard image in the texture editor workspace, as well as on objects in the 3D views in Textured and Textured Decal display modes while the texture editor is open. This is useful for seeing how the texture image gets stretched over different areas of an object.

For more information, see Displaying the Checkerboard [Texturing].

RenderMap

RenderMap now considers the Wrapping U and V parameters in the texture projection definition property editor. Previously, the generated rendermap would be black where the samples were outside the displayed image in the texture editor even when these options were on.

For more information about RenderMap in general, see Generating and Baking Surface Attribute Maps (RenderMap) [Texturing].

Image Property Editor

The Texture Space control in texturing property editors now updates automatically as you select objects in the scene, as long as the property editor is not locked. This helps to prevent accidentally making changes to all objects that use the same image.

Indirect IlluminationIndirect Illumination

Final Gathering

Advanced Options > Show

The Show checkbox allows you to display or hide the advanced final gathering options. The advanced options are: Refinement Passes, Fast Lookup, Presample Density, Filter Size, Sampling Contrast, Maximum Sample Normal Deviation, Trace Depth, Primary Bounce Color, and Secondary Bounce Color.

The advanced options are hidden by default because they are infrequently used and in most cases their default settings work fine as is.

Refinement Passes

When enabled, Refinement Passes provide a progressive update (in three passes) of how the final gathering is being rendered. The passes are rendered using the mental ray Tile Order, instead of the usual final gathering tile order. Refinement Passes are most useful when used in conjunction with the final gathering Visualize option.

Maximum Sample Normal Deviation

Specifies how many degrees a final gathering point's surface normal can deviate from the sampling point’s surface normal and still be used for interpolation when calculating the shading.

The default value of 25.842 degrees corresponds to the mental ray default and is equal to ArcCos(0.9).

RenderingRendering

Motion-Based Displacement Quality

For moving objects with displacement, you can optimize the displacement approximation depending on how fast the object is moving by setting the Motion-Based Displacement Quality option on the Optimization tab of the mental ray Render Options Property Editor [Properties Reference]. The automatic reduction of displacement detail on moving objects has a significant impact on rendering performance and memory consumption by cutting down on the typically huge amount of tessellation data that gets generated.

The displaced geometry should have a geometry approximation property applied to it and motion blur must be enabled for the render region and/or the render pass. See Defining and Rendering Motion Blur [Lights and Cameras].

Deleting Unconnected Nodes in the Render Tree

By default, all unconnected shader nodes are always left in the render tree for an object. This is often useful for keeping shaders around when you’re trying out different shader connections.

However, if you want to clean up the render tree workspace, you can delete all shader nodes that are not currently connected to the Material node.

To remove all unconnected nodes in the render tree

• Choose the User Tools > Delete Unconnected Nodes command from the render tree’s command bar.

AAF and MXF Support

Support for the AAF and MXF formats has been removed.

ICEICE

Nodes and Compounds

There have been a number of small fixes and improvements to the ICE nodes and compounds. Among other fixes, the Stick to Surface compound no longer causes the Bounce off Surface compound to stop working.

Compound Version Manager

The Compound Version Manager now automatically refreshes itself when it is opens. You no longer need to click Update first.

Compound Name Clashes

If two compounds have the same name and version, Softimage logs a warning message telling you the locations of the file that will be used and the files that will be ignored.

Displaying Attributes at Polygon Nodes

You can now display attribute values at polygon nodes, also known as polynodes or texture sample points.

Hiding Particle Instance Shape Masters

You can now successfully hide the particle instance shape master objects by selecting the Instance Master Hidden option in each master object’s Visibility property editor.

Versioning Private Compounds

If you have multiple versions of a private compound, you can now right-click on it in the ICE tree and use the Version menu to change the version used. Previously, you could only use the Compound Version Manager to change the version of private compounds.

Set Datas Explorer

The explorer in Set Data nodes no longer shows read-only attributes like NbPoints.

CustomizationsCustomizations

Custom Menus

Custom menu items no longer display u or w when they appear in custom submenus, nor when they appear in custom menus on the main menu bar. This reduces unnecessary visual clutter in those cases.

Rearranging Custom Command Buttons

You can now rearrange custom command buttons on a custom toolbar by dragging and dropping when the Customize Toolbar window is open. Previously, dragging and dropping a custom command button would try to create a new custom command.

Plug-in Manager Preference

There is a new option in the Plug-in Manager preferences: Scan sub-folders controls whether to automatically load plug-ins in subfolders of the Application\Plugin directories of various locations (factory, user, workgroups, as well as add-on folders in those locations).

Turning this option off can decrease the time needed to start Softimage or update all plug-ins. However when this option is off, you need to load plug-ins in subfolders manually using the plug-in manager before you can use them.

Note that plug-ins directly in the Application \Plugin directory of those locations are always loaded regardless of this preference, as are those in the bin\nt-x86, bin\nt-x86-64, linux/x86, or linux/x64 subfolders as appropriate.

No to troszke tego dali :)

Nie żartuj sobie, to się nadaje na service pack, a nie nowy numerek. Ale jak wiadomo, musi być 7.5, żeby mogło być 2009 ;)

pozdr.,

skk.

PS No i przede wszystkim trzeba wywalić XSI z tytułu wątku.

Pricing and Availability

Version 7.5 of Autodesk Softimage (formerly SOFTIMAGE|XSI Essentials) and Autodesk Softimage Advanced (formerly SOFTIMAGE|XSI Advanced) are now available. The Autodesk suggested retail price for Softimage 7.5 (Windows) is US$2,995* and $4,695* for Softimage Advanced 7.5 (Windows)*. SOFTIMAGE|XSI 7.0 customers with active Softimage maintenance contracts will be migrated to Autodesk Softimage 7.5 with Autodesk Subscription.

Autodesk Subscription is available for purchase with the product license purchase or upgrade. The Autodesk suggested retail price for Autodesk Subscription is $795* per year for Softimage and $1,235* per year for Softimage Advanced*.

Migration Promotion

Until April 15, 2009, existing SOFTIMAGE|XSI Essentials and Advanced customers, not on Softimage maintenance, can receive up to 50 percent discount and no back-subscription fees when migrating to Autodesk Softimage 7.5 with Autodesk Subscription.** This offer is available only through Autodesk Value Added Resellers. Locate a reseller at www.autodesk.com/reseller.

* International pricing may vary.

** Conditions apply. International pricing may vary. Autodesk reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part of this promotion at any time without notice, for any reason, in its sole discretion.

Super, czyli nie mając Autodesk Subscription mogę sobie zrobić upgrade do 7.5 tylko wykupując subskrybcję za osiemset baksów (u nas pewnie osiemset €) na licencję, lub skorzystac z tej promocji, której nawet na www nie sprecyzowali :|

Chyba zostanę na 7.01, przynajmniej pliki z 7.5 można będzie w 7.01 wczytać.

Upgrade kosztuje $497.50 w promocji. Wiec za przeproszeniem chyba ich ...... Za co tu płacić mając 7.01? Za mentala 3.7? No cóż wychodzi na to że zostaje z 7.01 i mentalem 3.65

He he, jak to ktos napisal na "zagramanicznym" forum:

"Welcome to the wonderful world of Autodesk updates" :>

Nie żartuj sobie, to się nadaje na service pack, a nie nowy numerek.

To jest to prostu kpina - żadać kasy za service pack... jedyne konkretne rzeczy w tej wersji to nowy syflex (dwurdzeniowy, a nie jak ktoś napisał wielo- ), nowy mental (którego poznać że jest nowy po dwóch opcja w fg i nowym numerku satelity - jak się prezentuje, np. czasowo, nie miałem okazji sprawdzić) i integracja unfolda.

Czyli typowo autodeskowe podejście - g***o samemu zrobić i zintegrować wykupione pluginy...

Dziękuję za taką 'nową' wersję, skopiuję sobie tylko poprawione compoundy do ice'a i tyle 7.5 widział...

Ufff.... ale się zbulwersowałem ;)

Sprawa prosta - zrobia syty update dopiero wtedy kiedy im spadnie sprzedaz. Dopoki beda klienci na takie "polnumerki" dopoty beda takie rzeczy wypuszczac. Sila w rece ludu ;) Nie kupujcie, nie inwestujcie - wystarczy zapewne przeskoczenie jednej, max 2 wersji i sie Autodesk zreflektuje ze warto dodac cus wiecej.

Chyba... :D

Sprawa prosta - zrobia syty update dopiero wtedy kiedy im spadnie sprzedaz. Dopoki beda klienci na takie "polnumerki" dopoty beda takie rzeczy wypuszczac. Sila w rece ludu ;) Nie kupujcie, nie inwestujcie - wystarczy zapewne przeskoczenie jednej, max 2 wersji i sie Autodesk zreflektuje ze warto dodac cus wiecej.

Chyba... :D

No widzisz - dlatego ich nie lubie, używam xsi dopiero od v6, ale wiem, że za avida upgrade z v5 na v6 wniósł mnóstwo nowości, v6 na v6.5 może nie wnosił nowości, ale dał posiadaczom ess narzędzia dostępne tylko w adv - więc był to dla nich korzystny update, v6.5 na v7 to znowu soczysty update z ice'm, giapoly core2, nowym mr z funkcjami arch i kupa innych. Teraz mamy zmianę na autodeska i pierwszy update jaki proponują to po prostu dziadostwo... ehh... i w dodatku zamiana świetnego SLP na system licencjowania ad, który w dodatku na xp64 się wiesza i nie mogę dema uruchomić ! Nic to, skopiowałem compoundy i wywaliłem dziada :) A bugi z 7.01 nauczyłem się omijać, nie muszę płacić za ich naprawę.

No widzisz - dlatego ich nie lubie, używam xsi dopiero od v6, ale wiem, że za avida upgrade z v5 na v6 wniósł mnóstwo nowości, v6 na v6.5 może nie wnosił nowości, ale dał posiadaczom ess narzędzia dostępne tylko w adv - więc był to dla nich korzystny update, v6.5 na v7 to znowu soczysty update z ice'm, giapoly core2, nowym mr z funkcjami arch i kupa innych. Teraz mamy zmianę na autodeska i pierwszy update jaki proponują to po prostu dziadostwo... ehh... i w dodatku zamiana świetnego SLP na system licencjowania ad, który w dodatku na xp64 się wiesza i nie mogę dema uruchomić ! Nic to, skopiowałem compoundy i wywaliłem dziada :) A bugi z 7.01 nauczyłem się omijać, nie muszę płacić za ich naprawę.

update 7.5 był robiony w większości przez Softimage a nie Autodesk.

Autodesk Zrobił tylko licencing. Poza tym Demo nie korzysta ze standardowego licencjonowania. Komercyjna podobno juz tak.

Inna rzecz to update typu x.5 sa zawsze bugfixami i to w większości kierowanymi do posiadaczy większej ilości wersji advanced.

Dodatki funkcjonalne są dodawane w większości w wersjach x.0

Inna rzecz to update typu x.5 sa zawsze bugfixami i to w większości kierowanymi do posiadaczy większej ilości wersji advanced.

Dodatki funkcjonalne są dodawane w większości w wersjach x.0

Pomijając już samo XSI, to co piszesz jest po prostu nieprawdą. To zawsze jest kwestią konwencji, Wings operujący na tysięcznych i AD liczący w latach, ale połówkowe wydania były zwykle tyle samo warte co pełne numerki w każdym z programów, które przychodzą mi do głowy.

Bugfixy to tradycynie wydania X.1, albo poszczegóne buildy i RC.

Co tu gadać, AD chciało sobie odbić 20 baniek zainwestowanych w XSI, wprowadzić nową licencję, i płynnie przejść do 2009/10. Amen.

Pomijając już samo XSI, to co piszesz jest po prostu nieprawdą. To zawsze jest kwestią konwencji, Wings operujący na tysięcznych i AD liczący w latach, ale połówkowe wydania były zwykle tyle samo warte co pełne numerki w każdym z programów, które przychodzą mi do głowy.

Bugfixy to tradycynie wydania X.1, albo poszczegóne buildy i RC.

Co tu gadać, AD chciało sobie odbić 20 baniek zainwestowanych w XSI, wprowadzić nową licencję, i płynnie przejść do 2009/10. Amen.

Używałeś kiedys XSI?

W XSI przynajmniej ostatnio x.5 były bugfixami. tak było z 6.5 i tak jest z 7.5

Może i nawet z 4.2.

Oczywiście były małe dodatki ale nic na wersje full x.0.

Oczywiście Autodesk może zmienić to rozumowanie i będzie kwasic ogóra w każdej wersji wydawanej co pół roku.

6.5 ? Może było bugfixem dla posiadaczy adv (którzy i tak w większości pewnie mają subskrypcję), ale posiadacze ess dostali piękny update z hairem i symulacją przeniesionymi z adv. Więc mniej bugfix, a bardziej zmiana struktury wersji.

4.2 nie pamiętam, za młody jestem ;)

Ten update jest korzystny chyba tylko dla kogoś kto ma v1 (jest wogóle ktoś taki ;) ) - v5, czyli od lat nie aktualizował softu, bo update jest 'any previous version to 7.5' za 500 baksów

aaa... ja słyszałem o 30 bańkach

Używałeś kiedys XSI?

W XSI przynajmniej ostatnio x.5 były bugfixami. tak było z 6.5 i tak jest z 7.5

Może i nawet z 4.2.

Oczywiście były małe dodatki ale nic na wersje full x.0.

Oczywiście Autodesk może zmienić to rozumowanie i będzie kwasic ogóra w każdej wersji wydawanej co pół roku.

Troszkę Gordy mieszasz: 4.2 to nie x.5 po pierwsze i może być bugfixem. Reszta wypowiedzi jest dla mnie nielogiczna (jeżeli były bugfixami połowki to na czym miało by polegać to kwaszenie ogóra? Na zmianie tej strategii? Czyli już wogóle nic nie będzie...)

pamiętam wersje XSI 3 i 4 jeszcze jakieś znaczy "używałem" - uprzedzam pytanie;)

Ja mam takie pytanie odnośnie ICEa w XSI. Jak sobie radzi z tworzeniem fluidów, różnego rodzaju płynów, wody, itp?? Ogólnie widze same przykłady wykorzystania do tworzenia deformacji, dynamiki, ognia, dymu itp, ale nic nie moge znaleźć z tym jak wygląda np: woda w Ice