Ciekawą rzecz pisze Pan Dylan Neill w drugim komentarzu:

"Whats slowing Houdini down is the normal re-calucation. If you add a normal node before the bend, set it to points, crank the angle up to 180. Then turn off "Recompute affected normals" and "Preserve normal length" in the bend node then you should get similar performance to Max. I go from 5fps to 18fps with the same model. Not so obvious I know, thats Houdini for you. Maybe Max is doing something similar under the hood or maybe normal recalculation is done on the GPU or something."

Prawdopodobnie w większości softów udało by się to samo gdyby mieć możliwość kontroli nad tymi obliczeniami. 

13 godzin temu, gryzon napisał:

Ciekawą rzecz pisze Pan Dylan Neill w drugim komentarzu:

"Whats slowing Houdini down is the normal re-calucation. If you add a normal node before the bend, set it to points, crank the angle up to 180. Then turn off "Recompute affected normals" and "Preserve normal length" in the bend node then you should get similar performance to Max. I go from 5fps to 18fps with the same model. Not so obvious I know, thats Houdini for you. Maybe Max is doing something similar under the hood or maybe normal recalculation is done on the GPU or something."

Prawdopodobnie w większości softów udało by się to samo gdyby mieć możliwość kontroli nad tymi obliczeniami. 

sądząc po dalszym ciągu to chyba nie do końca :

Whats slowing Houdini down is the normal re-calucation. If you add a normal node before the bend, set it to points, crank the angle up to 180. Then turn off "Recompute affected normals" and "Preserve normal length" in the bend node then you should get similar performance to Max. I go from 5fps to 18fps with the same model. Not so obvious I know, thats Houdini for you. Maybe Max is doing something similar under the hood or maybe normal recalculation is done on the GPU or something.

Thanks for the tips! Doing so indeed speed up a little. With this It oscillates between 5 and 6 fps on my machine (Im on a laptop). Max still gets 2X more performance.

Należy być wdzięcznym Autodeskowi, pokazują innym developerom drogę...

😉

Edited by Arturborubar